Sunday, May 31, 2015

Colton Antics Take 1

April 6, 2015--4 years old

I wanted to give a little thank you to whoever told Colton on Easter that the little turtle head candy pieces were actually "turtle power". This morning I found a piece and offered it to him (normally I would just throw candy away). I started with "Colton, do you want this turtle head?". He replied with the following "Yes, but no momma; these are turtle powers".
I laughed to myself as I went back into the kitchen to continue my morning cleaning. A few minutes later Colton proceeded to demonstrate how he was now a "ninja Colton". :)

April 8, 2015 1:30pm

Cut his sister's hair--Round #2 (good thing it was only a little bit this time).

April 8, 2015 2:00pm

Want to hear about how my day continued?
Colton had just gotten in trouble for cutting his sisters hair (yes, again), so I was having him clean up the mess in the playroom. Of course my ninja loving, superman wishing, hulk smashing, captain America wanna be couldn't just step down off the table. No, he had to leap off the table...right into the chandelier. I sure hope his future wife thinks all these scars are sexy!

 
April 11, 2015
 
When Colton first was potty training we allowed him to pee in our backyard. As he got older and he got little sisters we changed that rule on him, which has been hard for him to handle. Sometimes I will explain myself and discuss modesty and not peeing around his sisters. Well, this morning I just walked out of the house and found my son relieving himself behind a tree. I will give him a little credit and explain that no one was around and both of his sisters were in the house....but I will also explain that he was in the front yard and "behind" the tree was right next to the street. What am I gonna do with this kid? Hehehe!
 
April 14, 2015
 
Colton had a rough day today and was in trouble more than usual. Many times I will tell him afterwards "I will always love you". Tonight we were spending some time coloring together and he accidently hit me in the head with a marker. He quickly grasped my head in a hug and exclaimed "I will always not stop loving you". *heart swell*
 
April 17, 2015
 
I have been taking my block of time after lunch to devote entirely to the kiddos. I rotate who gets to pick what we do. Normally its a game, some type of craft or jumping on the trampoline. Today is Makenzie's turn to choose. While I was cleaning breakfast dishes I hear Colton in the playroom with Kenzie...."Hey, go ask momma that you want to jump on the trampoline with her today"....so as the good little sister does, she walks into the kitchen and requests the trampoline for the special time today. I laugh inside as I agree but then my laugh bubbles to the outside when Colton comes in after her and says "that's a good idea Kenzie"...sure, like she thought of it.
 
April 30th, 2015--Thursday
 
Matt has just recently switched to a four day work week in an attempt to be able to actually see us sometimes. He currently has Fridays off. However, despite the fact that its Thursday night he was explaining to Colton that he needed to go into work for a few hours. Colton asked why and Matt explained that he had a deadline to meet. Colton looked at him quizzically and asked him "What's a dead lion?" :)
 
May 12th
 
This is for those of you that know the song "I may never take a trip to Mexico..." (to the tune of: I may never march in the infantry). Out of the blue Colton comes up to me and asks me "Have you ever taken a trip to Mexico?". I proceeded to tell him all about a missions trip I took back in high school. It seemed as if he was listening very intently but once I was done he asked a follow up question. "Have you ever eaten a cheesy taco?". OH GOSH! I about died...and then of course we had to sing the song.
 
May 21st
 
The things you talk about with your kids while folding laundry: Somehow Colton and I got on the subject of marriage and I was explaining that one day he would find a lovely girl to marry and live with her forever. After my little spiel was over he replied with "I'm going to marry Isaacs and Leah's mommy". I chuckled a little and explained further that he couldn't  marry Ms. Melissa because she was already married and it would be wiser to marry someone his own age. He thinks for a minute out loud "ummmm, who's four like me? ....Josie! Josie is four, she is the girl I am going to marry". How simple a child's mind is. If only it was that easy to pick. 


May 31st

I have to start out explaining that the last time my parents sent a package in the mail they used their old wood pile box and a black widow was one of the "presents" we opened.
Anyways, my mother recently called to tell me a package was on its way. So, today I was telling Colton that his Grandma and Grandpa sent him a package. He first asked why and I explained it was because they loved him very much. After that his face showed some concern and he stated "I hope there isn't a snake in this one!" ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment