Friday, September 15, 2017

My Kenzie Girl #3

April 2016

While visiting my parents in California my Dad took Makenzie on her own special date. At the end of the their date he took her by a frozen yogurt shop where I worked at in high school. My family had grown to know the owner well (another one of my sisters worked there for a bit also). At the end of their visit with Bob (the owner) my Dad instructs Kenzie to tell him bye. As they are walking out the door she waves and yells back "Bye Bob, your'e an idiot!". Since the yogurt store is right across the street from the high school it was filled with high school students who started laughing and then proceeded to give her high fives. Once they got in the car my Dad immediately questioned Kenzie why she would say something so rude. Her response was "Its from the movie: Minions....Bob...he's an idiot". Hehehehehe!



May 2016

We had gone to California to visit my parents and we (Colton, Kenzie, Emma and Me) were taking a potty break in the airport before saying our final goodbyes. Kenzie is in the stage where she wants to do everything herself so she asked if she could go into the bathroom stall next to mine. When I gave her permission I followed up with "lock the door and she replied "okay, momma". I waited maybe two seconds and instructed again since I did not hear the door lock "Kenzie, lock the door", which she happily replied with "okay, momma". After another two seconds and not hearing the door lock again I instructed a little firmer with "Kenzie, lock the door.".....another cheery "okay, momma followed" but still no lock. Deciding to take a different approach I finally asked "Makenzie, did you lock the door?" Which she replied "Oh, I forgot". (Remember this whole conversation took about 10 seconds). This brought laughter from the other bathroom patrons including Grandma. :)

Sometime Later
The kiddos will often awake in the morning while I am reading my Bible on the couch. Normally they will quietly come and sit next to me until I am done or they get hungry. On one such morning Kenzie, was hungry and asked for a cookie (Oreo). I replied, "No, you can't have a cookie, but you can have a cracker if you want". She waited a few minutes and then asked for a cookie again which I responded with the same reply again. She then got up and went searching in the pantry...I was engrossed in my Bible reading but a little bit later I realized Kenzie was back on the spot next to me on the couch so I looked up and discovered her chowing on two Oreos. Appalled, I sternly told Kenzie "I told you you could only have crackers, NOT cookies". Makenzie in all her innocence replied back with a whisper "I'm pretending its a cracker". Hahahahaha!

Another Sometime Later
I'm having a hard time keeping up with the funny anecdotes that my kiddos say (Imagine that with three crazy kids). Anyways, Those of you who know Kenzie, knows that she is NOT a morning person. One of these not so good mornings Makenzie wasn't being the sweetest to her brother and sister so I politely reminded her to use "her kind words". She quickly responded with in the most innocent voice as if she had a perfect excuse for her behavior... "But mom, all my kind words are gone".

Kenzie will often be found talking to herself or talking to whoever she is imagining she is playing with. One time recently I walked by a room that Kenzie was playing in and overheard her saying " I am going to paint my nails all pretty and show them to Xander". Not sure if it was Xander Nihart she was referring to or Xander Lacy our next door neighbor but either way I thought it was funny. 😊

I caught Kenzie crying and asked her why her eyes were all red. I expected her to explain what made her sad but instead she looked up at me and said "because my eyes are rainbows".

My kiddos often get to go on dates with their aunts and sometimes even spend the night. One time Kenzie was spending the night with her Aunt Meggie. They were all tucked into bed when Makenzie (who was obviously hot temperature wise) said to her Aunt Meggie "your hotness is getting in the way of my hotness". OMG!

April 2017
I did something that impressed Kenzie and she turned to me and said "Mom, you're really smart....smart like a hot dog. :) I wasn't sure whether to take that as a compliment or not. ;)

July 2017--5 years old
On Matt's birthday I had gotten him a card and laughed with the kids about how Daddy was getting old. Making sure they knew I wasn't making fun of Daddy I added "but Momma isn't too far behind though. I will be old soon too.". In pure innocence, Makenzie responds with "Momma, you are already old".   #outofthemouthsofbabes

September 1, 2017
Matt is in Pennsylvania for a transition course to the Blackhawk helicopters. He decided to spend one weekend driving up to New York and playing tourist. He was sending the kiddos pictures of his adventures. One of them contained the Statue of Liberty. Before I showed them the picture I asked all the kids who the Statue of Liberty was. Kenzie piped up with "she is the lady holding the hamburger. ;) I laughed and told the story but then a couple weeks later I was taking the kiddos out on a date and they chose to eat at Red Robin...low and behold they have a statue in the waiting area of a Statue of Liberty holding a hamburger.....ok. That's where she got it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment