Thursday, September 26, 2019

My Emma Girl #2

March 25, 2018-3 years old
While I was doing our Bible curriculum during school with Colton and Kenzie, Emma often sits in and colors while she listens. I have an app on my phone that will read the Bible out loud. Its a nice change of pace since its mostly my voice they hear all day. The app is a strong male voice. After listening to our certain selection of the day Emma asks me "Is that actually God!?!" Hehehehe!

April 23, 2018
*Caylee screams from the backseat of my car*
Me: Emma, why is Caylee screaming?!?
Emma: She's okay. I was trying to shove a sock in her mouth.
*WHAT?!?*

April 27th
Emma was taken to my mother in laws house after a Master Club carnival and immediately asked for a snack. My mother in law responded "I think you have had enough crap for one day". Emma replied back with "I only had two craps". Hahahaha!

Image may contain: 1 person

May 4th
My dad was gold panning up near Grimes creek and my mother was walking along the road with Emma...
Emma: "I'm trying to listen to my brain"
My Mom: " What is your brain saying?"
Emma: "I don't know"

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes, outdoor, water and nature

May 7th
Emma was telling her Aunt Holly that her and Aunt Holly would be evil queens. Holly asks Emma "What will Uncle Heath be?" which she replies "he's the cat!" Hahahahahaha!

June, 2018
Emma was being watched by Aunt Holly and Uncle Heath and she witnessed them kissing and exclaimed "ewww, you're hurting my brain".

June, 24th, 2018
*Emma starts whining*
Me: I am not going to answer you while you are whining.
-Emma then stops to think about it placing her hands over her ears and exclaims "I'm trying to get the whining out of my head."

June 27, 2018
I asked Emma "how is it that you woke up looking older?"
She then asked me if that means that she grew up over night. After my affirmation she then replied with a sneaky grin "that's cause I got up and sneaked a snack." Hahahaha!

September 2018
We visited a new church this morning and I went to pick up Emma from her class and the teachers called for "Makenzie, come here". Emma runs to the door and gives me a big hug. Then she looks up at me, giggles and with a sly smile admits "I told her my name was Makenzie". :)

March 28, 2019
We are part of a physical education co-op that in the winter time arranges with local indoor places for us to visit so the kids can get some energy out while still being indoors. This week just happened to be Spring Break and our rotation called for Circus Trix, which is a local indoor jungle gym/trampoline park. Upon arrival I realized that Spring Break meant there were about triple the amount of kids that I normally see there. It made me a little nervous while I was in line because I knew it would be difficult to keep an eye on my own three children with so many others around.
However, as soon as I got wrist bands and the kiddos had socks on they disappeared. Caylee and I took our time gathering strewn shoes and heading up the ramp to sit down on one of the couches so I could attempt to keep a watchful eye on my three crazies. Literally as soon as I had parked the stroller and sat down I saw a young girl about nine or ten carrying a crying Emma. The young girl said "sorry" and ran off to play. Emma explained through tears that she landed wrong and now couldn't walk. Of course, I know that kiddos over react so I told her to sit down and rest and she would feel better soon. Immediately after she lay down on the couch next to me she fell asleep. My NOT sleep deprived child who in fact is my worst sleeper ever falling asleep in the middle of a jungle gym was my first sign that something was wrong. I called my mother in law to see if she could watch my other kiddos, dropped them off at her house and headed for the doctors.
After ex-rays and a doctor visit, I was told it was not broken but she probably had a bone bruise (which is supposed to be very painful in and of itself). So, we were sent home to give Emma some rest and have her not try to walk on it until the morning. Now, granted up until this point. Emma WOULD NOT put any pressure on her leg whatsoever and would scream if I even tried to do it. After a full nights sleep (in Mommy and Daddy's room) she still would not put pressure on it and Daddy demanded I call the doctor back. At the stroke of nine in the morning (when the doc is in) I went to pick up my phone and instead received a call from them explaining that the radiologist had detected a break and she had a clean break all the way through her left leg right underneath her knee. Ugh. Two casts for two months (plus a wheelchair) and then three more months of therapy to learn how to walk and that is the story of how Emma broke her first bone.

Image may contain: phone and screen

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

No comments:

Post a Comment